Attend a Spring Regional GatheringMarch 30th, 2012 | Posted by in News
Are you a leader? Do you care about the health and vitality of the Church? Do you want to know more about what’s happening and how you can contribute? If so, this gathering is for you!
As a continuation of last fall’s Convention decision to restructure the Diocese from six ‘deaneries’ to four ‘regions,’ the Regional Development Team of the Diocese of Spokane is planning and hosting a series of four spring regional gatherings. While having their own local flavor, each gathering will include the following four components:
- General Convention in July - Introduction, Issues, and Insights
- Regional Development & Action - Background, Function, and Elections
- Networking Lunch - Vestries, Wardens, Treasurers, and other Leaders
- Vestry 101 - Developing Shared Language, Wisdom, and Best Practice
The dates for the regional gathering are…
- Saturday, April 28th - 9:30am-3pm @ Nativity, Lewiston
- Saturday, May 5th - 9:30am-3pm @ St. Timothy’s, Yakima
- Saturday, May 12th - 9:30am-3pm @ St. Stephen’s, Spokane
- Saturday, June 2nd - 9:30am-3pm @ St. Luke’s, Wenatchee
The morning session will include two key pieces:
- A pre-General Convention presentation by members of the Diocesan Deputation to this summer’s Convention in Indianapolis July 4th-13th. This presentation will offer some background to General Convention and will introduce some of the topics apt to come to the floor for discussion and decision.
- A primer on Diocesan structure and leadership. This block of time will continue the conversation begun at last fall’s Diocesan Convention regarding how best to organize and equip ourselves for sharing in God’s mission. This block will also include our first-ever elections for regional delegations to Diocesan Convention.
The afternoon session from 1-3pm will focus specifically on vestry leadership development in our congregations and will address the four basic areas of vestry functioning:
- Fiduciary & Legal
- Spiritual & Discerning
- Planning & Leading
- Organizing & Working
The focus on vestry formation is intentional, since our congregations place such a high level of trust and responsibility on this ministry. While the afternoon content is aimed directly at vestries, it certainly applies to anyone who functions in a leadership capacity in the Diocese. All are welcome and encouraged to attend!
Lunch will be provided and will aim to have something for everyone. However, if you have a particularly difficult dietary need to address, please be prepared to bring extra snacks that work for you.
Questions? Contact the Rev. Canon Paul Lebens-Englund at email@example.com or 509-263-7793.